I love sharing about small shops. I love finding and support new ones and they often have unique items that I get questions about all the time. This adorable shop Koowawa is no exception to that. Now I am obsessed with adorable socks for my kids. My husband the other day actually begged me to just buy plain old white socks so that he can always find a match. Nope- sorry honey- this is my chance to dress these little ones up as adorable as I want to.
Now searching for cute socks I have found an odd pair here or there – but Koowawa has one of the largest selections of cute kids socks that I have found. I was also thrilled to find them in different sizes so I could live out my fantasy of dressing both my girls alike as well. Just look at the photos below of how cute they are and this is just 2 different pairs. I’m tempted to buy most of them just because but this mama is on maternity leave and needs to be careful with the funds. Go give them a look though- I bet you will find several pairs you love.
Olivia’s Socks :: Koowawa c/o :: Ryan’s Socks :: Koowawa c/o
This post was sponsored by Koowawa but my thoughts are my honest opinion.
Who hates putting furniture together? Most people do right, it is very frustrating & time consuming.
I am kind of weird and I often find it enjoyable but the last few pieces I had to put together I was really frustrated with and my hands were killing me afterwards. Thats why I was thrilled when I heard about this local small business “A Perfect Playhouse” that makes the cutest rocking benches and playhouses that requires NO screws & tools. Everything interlocks together.
When my rocking chair arrived it came in 5 pieces total. It took me a total of 1 minute-maybe 2 tops to put together. Which honestly was a good thing because once Olivia realized what it was she wasn’t being patient with me. She literally clapped with joy when I finished and sat in it instantly.
I find her often lining her stuffed animals on this bench or reading books. It has honestly been a great addition to our home. My mom noticed it instantly when coming over to visit and commented how beautiful it was.
If you like to support small businesses and you hate to assemble furniture than A Perfect Playhouse is perfect for you.
Rocking Bench: A Perfect Playhouse c/o :: Top: Target :: Jeans: Gap :: Socks: Old Navy :: Jelly Sandals: Old Navy :: Books: Amazon :: Bunny: Jellycat from Peekawho c/o
This post was sponsored by A Perfect Playhouse. Above is my honest opinion and thoughts.
TOP 5 Wish List for 2nd Baby
- Dockatot – deluxe: We got the dockatot grand for Olivia when she was around 9 months old, I was desperate for a goodnight sleep and loved what I had read from other moms. I researched about them and loved knowing that every part is breathable- when you’ve got a baby that loves to stuff her face into the covers or sleep on her belly this was a big issue for me. The first few nights she wasn’t sure about it- it was something new and I was nervous that I had just wasted my money, but after that once I would lay her down she would snuggle to her comfort spot and go right to sleep. I knew we hit the jackpot but especially when we started to go to friends homes during her naptime or staying over at grandma’s house to visit. I dreaded trying to put her to sleep in a new area but with the dockatot that is familiar for her so she would fall a sleep pretty quickly. I knew that with our second child this would be one of our first purchases we made.
- Owlet: Do you or did you every just stare at your baby sleeping and wonder if they were even alive? Well I use to all the time- I remember the first time she slept through the whole night I woke up in a panic thinking she had to be dead. I just sat there and stared at her for a few minutes. She wasn’t moving and it looked like she wasn’t even breathing. I started to stroke her face and poke at her until she moved just a little to make sure she was alive. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to check on her even though she was in the same room as me. I feared I missed her struggle or cry for help. About 9-10 months later I heard about this new baby monitor called the Owlet and I knew I was getting it with my next child. This little sock sits on the babies foot and will monitor their oxygen level and heart rate. I think this is a must for all parents but especially little ones that have been in the NICU.
- The Ollie Swaddle: I hated trying to swaddle Olivia up only to have her untangle it soon after but the velcro swaddles that I got from Target were annoying to me as well. When Olivia would wake up in the middle of the night and need a diaper change I would have to unswaddle the entire thing waking her up in the process. There were times she would start crying so loud my husband would come in wondering if he needed to step in and help- nope dear just trying to change her diaper, she will be fine once she is warm and swaddled again. This swaddle you can keep the baby all nice and snug and just work up the open bottom and get things done. I can’t wait to try this out.
- Little Unicorn Swaddle: Have you seen these swaddles- they are beautiful and so soft. I had very cute swaddles with Olivia but these ones were gorgeous. This was something I wanted to invest in for my next baby and I also love to get them for friends as well. I also love that they are light weight so I often use them as blankets, especially in the summer time.
- Lucy Darling- Baby book: I got one of these baby books for Olivia and it is adorable. They are well made, easy to keep up on, and very well priced as well. If I was able to keep up on this baby book than anyone can. I am the worst at that kind of stuff but it was important to me to have for her when she was older. Plus they came out with some new designs since Olivia was born.
UppaBaby Vista Stroller: I have the Bugaboo Cameleon right now and it is a great stroller- I love it. But I don’t want to switch over to the donkey- it seems a little to bulky to me. I know you can buy the little skate to add on but Olivia LOVES to be pushed in her stroller. I don’t want her to feel like she is getting booted to walking or even hanging onto that skate part while the baby gets her spot. The Uppababy Vista has where you can add another seat to it- how great is that. You can do so many different configurations as well to find something that works for you. This is still on my wish list because I spent way too much already on Black Friday. Oups- the baby needed it all.
Where did I find all these amazing products? In just one spot- The Baby Cubby. This is a local store here in Utah but I actually bought everything online. I have followed this store on instagram for awhile now and have been to a few of their pop-up shops. I have also watched a few of their periscopes where they have talked about products they have at the store and they also showed some awesome things from the baby convention and were asking their followers for advice on what products we were all curious about and wanting in their store. I love that sense of community that they give to all parents. It really does take a village to raise a family and they are a great member of that village to help.
The Baby Cubby just isn’t another baby store, they honestly want to help you on your journey of being a parent. Car seats are something that I really struggle with- there has been times that I have had to remove the base out my car and getting it back in has been a real struggle. I am not that strong to pull it as tight as it needs to be. They have a car seat specialist that you can always stop off at their store and they will check it for you and if anything is wrong they will help you correct it.
They often host pop up shops for other local vendors as well. I love a store that really believes in community and bringing people together. They will have small shops set up at their location and host the event. Their store also likes to support small shops and they often ask their customers if there are products that they want them to carry. That right there is amazing service to me.
Now on Black Friday they were having an amazing sale- everything that I wanted on this list was on sale so I stayed up until 12:01 to make sure I got it all. Now this is where it’s a huge surprise- Saturday afternoon I got a knock on my door and I have 2 packages from The Baby Cubby- I bought this stuff the day before. It was so fast and everything came very well packaged. They offer nationwide free shipping on orders over $49. Which lets be honest as a parent the last thing you really want to do is run to a store and have to get out of your car to do anything. I love to shop in my pjs with my hair in my 2 day old bun and know that I didn’t have to pay for shipping either- win-win.
Check out their blog to see what articles and advice they have to share and also check out their store online.
*This post is sponsored by The Baby Cubby- all thoughts and opinions are my own and honest. These items are truly on the top of my list of must haves for second baby.
Hey I have mentioned before that I am obsessed with monthly subscriptions and so here is another one. Mom’n’Tot Box
There is just something about always getting happy mail and it being amazing that makes it that much more fun. I think Olivia must agree because her face is priceless when opening up her box this month.
What is fun about this box “which the name says it all” It has something in there for your baby or toddler as well as for yourself. We all like to get presents at times.
This month we got a wooden toy camera, non toxic crayons made from beeswax, a first aid kit that fits into the diaper bag, nail polish for me, and little shorts for Olivia.
That is a lot of things in 1 box.
You can tell by her facial expressions she was thrilled.
Her favorite things are obviously the crayons and the wooden toy camera. She thought it was so funny to see me hold it up and look through the hole. I kept showing her that she now has a camera just like mommy does. My favorite items are her new cute blue and white polka dot shorts (perfect for summer), the first aid kit (I am one of those over prepared people so this was perfect to have it all in a hardshell case, and of course my nail polish. It was a gorgeous light purple- also perfect for summertime nails.
Olivia loved the items so much that she insisted on bringing them outside with us to color. She was also caught chewing on them which made me feel at ease knowing they are safe for her.
Check out these monthly subscriptions at MomandTot
I love to support small shops & started to realize a lot of other people do to. So I thought I would start sharing some of my favorite small shops with you all.
Little & Mighty
One thing that I love about this small shop is they not sell clothing but they want to be apart of the parenting community. They have a great blog expanded off of their shop where they bring the community together with advice, other parents stories and even feature little and mighty children. I love being apart of something and that is one thing I love about social media. I don’t have a lot of friends that are in the same spot of life as me– as in starting a family and sometimes you have to turn to people for advice and support. I have found that with social media and small shops just like this.
Olivia’s Outfit:: Hair Bow: Little Poppy Co :: Pear Onesie: Little & Mighty c/o :: Shorts: Babygap :: Soother: Natursutten :: Pacifier Clip: Templeton Silver c/o
Top: Charlotte and Ezra c/o :: Jeans: Anthropologie (similar) :: Socks: Woven Pear c/o