TOP 5 Wish List for 2nd Baby
- Dockatot – deluxe: We got the dockatot grand for Olivia when she was around 9 months old, I was desperate for a goodnight sleep and loved what I had read from other moms. I researched about them and loved knowing that every part is breathable- when you’ve got a baby that loves to stuff her face into the covers or sleep on her belly this was a big issue for me. The first few nights she wasn’t sure about it- it was something new and I was nervous that I had just wasted my money, but after that once I would lay her down she would snuggle to her comfort spot and go right to sleep. I knew we hit the jackpot but especially when we started to go to friends homes during her naptime or staying over at grandma’s house to visit. I dreaded trying to put her to sleep in a new area but with the dockatot that is familiar for her so she would fall a sleep pretty quickly. I knew that with our second child this would be one of our first purchases we made.
- Owlet: Do you or did you every just stare at your baby sleeping and wonder if they were even alive? Well I use to all the time- I remember the first time she slept through the whole night I woke up in a panic thinking she had to be dead. I just sat there and stared at her for a few minutes. She wasn’t moving and it looked like she wasn’t even breathing. I started to stroke her face and poke at her until she moved just a little to make sure she was alive. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to check on her even though she was in the same room as me. I feared I missed her struggle or cry for help. About 9-10 months later I heard about this new baby monitor called the Owlet and I knew I was getting it with my next child. This little sock sits on the babies foot and will monitor their oxygen level and heart rate. I think this is a must for all parents but especially little ones that have been in the NICU.
- The Ollie Swaddle: I hated trying to swaddle Olivia up only to have her untangle it soon after but the velcro swaddles that I got from Target were annoying to me as well. When Olivia would wake up in the middle of the night and need a diaper change I would have to unswaddle the entire thing waking her up in the process. There were times she would start crying so loud my husband would come in wondering if he needed to step in and help- nope dear just trying to change her diaper, she will be fine once she is warm and swaddled again. This swaddle you can keep the baby all nice and snug and just work up the open bottom and get things done. I can’t wait to try this out.
- Little Unicorn Swaddle: Have you seen these swaddles- they are beautiful and so soft. I had very cute swaddles with Olivia but these ones were gorgeous. This was something I wanted to invest in for my next baby and I also love to get them for friends as well. I also love that they are light weight so I often use them as blankets, especially in the summer time.
- Lucy Darling- Baby book: I got one of these baby books for Olivia and it is adorable. They are well made, easy to keep up on, and very well priced as well. If I was able to keep up on this baby book than anyone can. I am the worst at that kind of stuff but it was important to me to have for her when she was older. Plus they came out with some new designs since Olivia was born.
UppaBaby Vista Stroller: I have the Bugaboo Cameleon right now and it is a great stroller- I love it. But I don’t want to switch over to the donkey- it seems a little to bulky to me. I know you can buy the little skate to add on but Olivia LOVES to be pushed in her stroller. I don’t want her to feel like she is getting booted to walking or even hanging onto that skate part while the baby gets her spot. The Uppababy Vista has where you can add another seat to it- how great is that. You can do so many different configurations as well to find something that works for you. This is still on my wish list because I spent way too much already on Black Friday. Oups- the baby needed it all.
Where did I find all these amazing products? In just one spot- The Baby Cubby. This is a local store here in Utah but I actually bought everything online. I have followed this store on instagram for awhile now and have been to a few of their pop-up shops. I have also watched a few of their periscopes where they have talked about products they have at the store and they also showed some awesome things from the baby convention and were asking their followers for advice on what products we were all curious about and wanting in their store. I love that sense of community that they give to all parents. It really does take a village to raise a family and they are a great member of that village to help.
The Baby Cubby just isn’t another baby store, they honestly want to help you on your journey of being a parent. Car seats are something that I really struggle with- there has been times that I have had to remove the base out my car and getting it back in has been a real struggle. I am not that strong to pull it as tight as it needs to be. They have a car seat specialist that you can always stop off at their store and they will check it for you and if anything is wrong they will help you correct it.
They often host pop up shops for other local vendors as well. I love a store that really believes in community and bringing people together. They will have small shops set up at their location and host the event. Their store also likes to support small shops and they often ask their customers if there are products that they want them to carry. That right there is amazing service to me.
Now on Black Friday they were having an amazing sale- everything that I wanted on this list was on sale so I stayed up until 12:01 to make sure I got it all. Now this is where it’s a huge surprise- Saturday afternoon I got a knock on my door and I have 2 packages from The Baby Cubby- I bought this stuff the day before. It was so fast and everything came very well packaged. They offer nationwide free shipping on orders over $49. Which lets be honest as a parent the last thing you really want to do is run to a store and have to get out of your car to do anything. I love to shop in my pjs with my hair in my 2 day old bun and know that I didn’t have to pay for shipping either- win-win.
*This post is sponsored by The Baby Cubby- all thoughts and opinions are my own and honest. These items are truly on the top of my list of must haves for second baby.